Whether you need a breakfast while commuting, or a post-workout snack to hold you until dinner or a scrumptious yet healthy dessert, homemade apricot goji berry walnut oat bread are refreshing to rich. It can be had any time and in any mood, you’re in. Contrary to the long name the recipe has, this bread is soft, light and its taste range between sweet and savory.
So what's on your plate?
This is a recipe that is beyond easy to make. Can you stir and use an oven? Then you can easily bake this cake all by yourself. Small pieces of golden apricots pack in a good amount of fiber and protein. The cake is loaded with all good stuff, yet it comes together as a scrumptious mix of textures and flavours. The smell of freshly baked bread will leave your kitchen with a lingering fragrance.
BEST CONSUMED WITH
Swap in various nuts, seeds, fruits, etc. and create your own twists. They’ll add flavours you’d want to experiment more with. Try the bread by toasting some oats in the batter. It’ll pump up the flavour and make the bread a little crispy.
1) Preheat oven to 180°C and coat a standard loaf tin (23 cm x 13 cm) with non-stick cooking spray
2) Whisk together the yogurt, egg, oil and vanilla
3) Mix Rostaa Apricots, Almonds and Goji Berries with dry ingredients. Later, combine the dry ingredients with wet ingredients to form a sticky dough. Avoid over-mixing
4) Transfer the dough to your loaf tin, pat into the corners and bake for 45 - 50 minutes, until golden. Let the loaf cool in the pan for about 20 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack
5) Slice and serve as is or oven toasted spread with butter, margarine or low-fat cream cheese