Keeping family traditions intact is great and is often remembered while connecting with each other. Together when we reminisce memories of good old days, it helps us feel at home. Making & cherishing treats whilst celebrating festivals is a must, but the real festival miracle is when these treats are healthier than usual. We know that festival time is all about splurging, so we will help you make treats that won’t damage your healthy routines.
So what's on your plate?
A lightly sweet and crunchy treat for you and your loved ones to just relax and enjoy. They make a crispy crackling sound once you take a bite and land up melting in the mouth. The flavours of cherry, white chocolate and almonds enhance its taste even better. So, get all the kids and adults in the house together and see them thoroughly enjoying the cherry almond biscotti you can make with this recipe.
BEST CONSUMED WITH
Dip in the biscotti in a cup of tea to enjoy during winter mornings. Spread some Rostaa peanut butter to uplift the taste and enjoy guilt-free bingeing of the biscotti.
1) In a medium bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt then set aside
2) In a large bowl combine the eggs, butter, and extracts on low speed until mixed well
3) Add in the dry ingredients until well combined then stir in by hand the almonds, cherries, and white chocolate
4) Place dough on a lightly floured surface and gently knead until the add-ins are distributed throughout
5) Chill dough for 30 minutes
6) Preheat oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
7) Divide dough in half and shape into a "4 by 8" rectangle
8) Bake for 25 minutes (or until light golden brown and edges start to brown)
9) Place parchment paper on cooling rack for 15 minutes
10) Reduce oven to 325. Slice each log into 1/2-3/4 slices then place (cut side down) on cookie sheet (no paper) and bake again for about 25-30 minutes turning halfway through
11) Biscotti should be crispy
12) Remove and cool
13) In a small bowl place white chocolate and microwave on high stirring every 10 seconds until just melted - watch so it does not burn
14) Drizzle with a fork over one side of biscotti