The first thing that comes to your mind when your hear the word cake is the aroma of bakery that lifts your sense up. We couldn’t agree with the saying that states, “ Cake is the answer, no matter what the question.” And when it comes to winters, the one baking essential that you need to try is Date Walnut Coffee Cake.
So what's on your plate?
A refreshing twist to your cake making regime. It is a perfect combination of crunchy and sweet. And not to forget these are healthy too. If you think you are not the patisserie chef types, worry not as even a novice can bake this.
BEST CONSUMED WITH
Date & Walnut Cake will be a hit on any holiday table. You can enjoy the cake with hot cup of coffee in the morning.
1) Chop Rostaa dates & walnuts & keep aside.
2) Line or grease a cake pan.
3) Heat the milk and switch off the flame.
4) Add coffee powder & dates in the milk & allow it to soak in the milk for minimum 20 minutes.
5) Start with the process of sieving both the whole wheat flour, & all purpose flour with salt, baking soda & baking powder.
6) Preheat the oven to 200◦ C/ 392 F.
7) Take the sieved flour in a large bowl, add sugar & vanilla powder & mix it.
8) Add the soaked dates along with milk, 1 cup water, walnuts & oil.
9) Mix with an electric beater at medium to high speed till the whole batter is uniform & mixed evenly
10) Fold in the chocolate chips.
11) Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake pan & with the help of a spatula, remove the batter from the sides & add it to the cake pan.
12) Shake the cake batter from the sides.
13) Place in the pre-heated oven, & bake for 45 mins to 1 hour.
14) Take a tooth pick & insert in the cake to ensure it comes out clean.
15) Serve the dates walnut coffee cake warm with some tea or coffee.
16) Take the sieved flour in a large bowl, add sugar & vanilla powder & mix it