We all know when dessert cravings hit, they hit bad. Desserts in any form are welcome as long as they are sinfully decadent, moist & fluffy. What’s better than having a cake that is vegetarian & wait, healthy too? There’s never a definite time to get munching on this light weighted, satiating & mouthwatering cake. It’s a fit for all occasions be it impressing your guests, or for kids, or even eating It yourself during tea time.
So what's on your plate?
The sweet cranberry cake is perfectly sweetened and does not taste fruits at all. A hint of orange flavour adds the tangy element, and a few pistachios provide a complementary crunch.
BEST CONSUMED WITH
Garnish your cake with dry fruits like almonds, hazelnut & walnuts for great taste. Having a small tea-party, serve the cake in small square pieces layered with fresh cream on top
1) Preheat the oven at 170 C. Grease a 7 inch loaf tin with butter and sprinkle some flour over it
2) In a bowl sieve together maida, baking powder, baking soda
3) In another bowl, whisk together sugar and yogurt until the sugar dissolves completely
4) Add the orange juice, oil and orange zest and mix until incorporated
5) Mix the wet and dry ingredients but do not over mix
6) Coat the chopped Rostaa cranberries with some flour and add to the batter. This will prevent them from sinking to the bottom
7) Pour the batter in the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. Check with a toothpick in the middle of the cake if done
8) Cool the cake in pan for 15-20 minutes before taking it out and then cool completely on the wire rack
9) To make the glaze: Mix the powdered/icing sugar with the juice until it forms a thick consistency but is still easy to pour. Add sugar/juice to adjust consistency as required.
10) Pour over the cake and rest the cake for 20-25 minutes in fridge before slicing for clean slices, as the cake is very moist and soft